March 29, 2011
Posted by on
Tomorrow is a project work day for your groups. You need to meet for the full class time and make progress on your final presentation projects. By the end of the day one of your group members needs to email me with a summary of your work and a progress report showing me where you are at with yur project, what tasks you have identified for each group member to complete and any problems you are having.
Keep up with the readings. Quiz Monday.
March 10, 2011
Posted by on
Here are your group project guidelines:
Group Projects are research driven presentations about a theme generated from current events. Each group will be assigned a topic to thoroughy research and present their findings as well as a clear argument to the group in a 30 minute presentation the last 2 weeks of class.
- Come up with a clear researchquestion–a question that allows the group to fully understand the topic from several angels. Your question needs to engage the issues of digital ethics, digital diversity and digital culture.
- Define clear subtopics for research by each team member. You may need to continue to refine your subtopics as you gather more information.
- Compile sources from 1) news sources from the last 20 months and 2) from scholarly articles or books (including class materials) 3) government or other NGO materials. For your final project you should have 10-15 sources.
- Work together to compile the research into compelling sections for the research presentation.
- Define a clear thesis: what is your group’s argument, that is, what are you trying to persuade us to believe about your topic? Before your group goes too far in the research phase you will need a clear argument.
- Decide as a group on your presentation style. Presentations may include powerpoint slides, short video clips, skits, interactive portions with the class, etc. Be creative. Find a compelling way to get your point across to the group.
- Meet regularly to share information, build your research agenda, redefine your research question as needed and synthesize the materials from each individual member. This is a GROUP project, not five separate presentations.
March 8, 2011
Posted by on
Your last quiz and in-class work from MON have been added to Angel–don’t forget to hit “refresh” on each page in Angel otherwise you won’t see the most current grades.
Group assignments will be handed out in class on WED, if you are not present in class you will not be able to participate and you will be ineligible for the points. Since you will be working in groups most of class you may want to bring a laptop so that you can begin to research your topics.