This is the course blog for AMST / DTC 475: Digital Diversity. If you need information about the course contact me: Dr. Kimberly Christen @ email@example.com
AMST 475/ DTC 475
No class today, Monday Feb 28.
Keep up with the assigned readings and work on your blog posts.
Your quizes are graded and posted on Angel.
Blog assignment 7 is posted.
1. Assignment 6 is posted under the assignment tab and due next WED
2. Grades are posted in Angel and should be showing up (all but blog assignment #5 are graded)
3. Make sure you check the reading schedule for next week’s readings. There will be a quiz on WED.
Many of you still need to fix some issues on your blogs. Look at this list and then check your blog to make sure you meet the requirements:
1. All class members on your blogroll
2. change “just another wordpress blog” in the tagline of your blog to something else (you do this on the “settings” page)
3. reset your time zone (see previous post)
4. Add your NAME to your about page and your “about” sidebar otherwise I can’t grade your posts.
Make sure you change your time setting so I grade you accordingly for on time assignments.
1. Go to your dashboard
2. go to “settings”
3. go to “time zone”
4. set time zone to UTC -8
5. click “save changes”
We have debates scheduled for Mon and Wed next week.
Here is the debate format we will follow in class on MON and WED next week:
Intro — 4 min each–this is an overview of the subject
Each group then will alternate and provide a total of FOUR points to PROVE their argument.You must use evidence taken from credible sources to prove your points.
You will have 3 minutes per point.
The other side will have 1 minute rebuttal. We will switch back and forth.
1 minute conclusion to wrap up your argument.
Remember you must use CLEAR and CREDIBLE EVIDENCE to support your argument and every member of your group must participate in an equal manner.
All quiz grades are now posted on the Angel course site, you should be able to access the site through your MyWSU portal.
Blog grades will be posted shortly.
There will be NO CLASS tomorrow, WED. FEB 2.
Assignment number four is due by 5 PM on WED FEB 2.
The movie (RIP: a Remix Manifesto) is here: http://www.hulu.com/watch/88782/rip-a-remix-manifesto
Follow the regular reading schedule.